SOLVED Electrovibe - bulb was doing its thing now it doesn’t…

Locrian99

was getting ready to finally finish up this Electrovibe build. Everything seems to be going along ok I decide to plug power in see if the bulb is doing it’s thing. It is, rather weakishly though, I turn the gain trimmer bulb comes alive looks great. Attach leds finish up the enclosure stuff (I do make a change on the speed switch wiring at this point, wire had broke). Get everything in the enclosure. Getting ready to wire up my jacks, decide to check the bulb again for I’m not even sure why. Comes in looks good I’m twisting knobs, playing with the speed and intensity knobs. Bulb goes solid and then black. I can’t get the bulb to come back on. Voltage at the bulb is 18.96, other side is fluctuating from like -.5 to -1.4.

I’ve played with both the gain and bias trimmers to try and figure out if somehow it got locked up. My experience with the bias trimmer is for keeping it from locking up at low speeds but shouldn’t the bulb stay lit from that.

I’m not sure where to look to verify if my bulb just randomly up and took a shit on me or if I’ve got something else going on. DE885475-5556-4AB9-96D5-456624A59403.jpeg 1A709DC4-14A3-4C32-9E80-E976919114D3.jpeg 1E894E82-7B45-478D-A1E7-71069EEB8DDC.jpeg

Check for continuity across the leads of the bulb.
Negative on continuity, well i decided to remove the solder blobs and then was able to get continuity, removing the bulb broke one of the leads. So I guess I need to order a new bulb either way now 🤦‍♂️😂

Last edited:
Back