Electrovibe: No Signal

nate_noise

Hi Folks, I just boxed up the Electrovibe and am not getting any effect signal from it.
Bypass signal goes through fine, the lamp lights up and the gain/bias trimmers are working. I can hear a faint throbbing noise when the effect is engaged. I can effect the throbbing noise when I adjust the intensity and speed pots (speed footswitch seems to work too in that sense).

When I pulled it out of the enclosure to get the second photo, the wires to the chorus/vibrato switch came loose. (Would a weak connection on those result in no signal passing through?)

The very first time I plugged it in the lamp wasn't lighting up so I resoldered some of the weaker looking connections and the lamp started to work. My only concern now is that there might be a weak connection hiding underneath one of those double gang pots!

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 2024-02-28-13.44.39.jpg
    2024-02-28-13.44.39.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 2024-02-28-13.57.45.jpg
    2024-02-28-13.57.45.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 34
Hi again, took a bit of a break from this pedal and came back today- swapped R4 to a 4.7M in hopes of getting that volume a bit more improved and stuck a sheet of stiff plastic packaging beneath the dual gang pots. Now I'm not getting any effected signal, the pedal only works in bypass (LEDs and lamp are still lighting up though). I've tried pulling it apart and resoldering wire connections, but not having much luck.

Is there any way to trouble shoot with my DMM? I've never used an audio probe and don't have bits on hand to make one, but I guess that would be the other next step I could take?

Back