Electrovibe - taming the high end

dstahl

So I finally got my pedal working thanks to the folks on this forum. I didn't know if I should post this in troubleshooting or modifications.
I have noticed there is a big jump in high end frequencies when the pedal is engaged. I am not sure if this is related to the resistor mod I did for R4 to increase gain.
It gets a bit too trebly for my tastes. Maybe it is a bias or gain adjustment.
Also, maybe less important. I do notice when pedal is off and a fuzz before it is engaged, I do hear some lamp pulsing sounds. I am on a onespot isolated power supply. But maybe I can toy around with cabling and pedal order to see if anything makes a difference.
Happy to upload some clips if more evidence of either issue is needed.

So I finally got my pedal working thanks to the folks on this forum. I didn't know if I should post this in troubleshooting or modifications.
I have noticed there is a big jump in high end frequencies when the pedal is engaged. I am not sure if this is related to the resistor mod I did for R4 to increase gain.
It gets a bit too trebly for my tastes. Maybe it is a bias or gain adjustment.
Also, maybe less important. I do notice when pedal is off and a fuzz before it is engaged, I do hear some lamp pulsing sounds. I am on a onespot isolated power supply. But maybe I can toy around with cabling and pedal order to see if anything makes a difference.
Happy to upload some clips if more evidence of either issue is needed.

When you increase R4 and thus signal into the input of the pedal, you'll have more volume available, but also more high end frequencies as well. Use your guitar tone control!

As far as the pulsing is concerned, it seems you are getting some bleedover from sharing a supply. When I redo my pedalboard this weekend, my Electrovibe, Good Vibes and Script Phase 90 are al going first in line.

What's curious is that I have 2.2M in R4 and I wish I had MORE high end from the Electrovibe. My Good Vibes has more high-end than the Electrovibe.

Back