Equilux

Fuzzonaut

I finished my Equilux. I got the "weird" stuff (inductors and that LND Mosfet) from PedalPCB too, which was very handy. Also, this PCB had a spaced out layout which let me use some oversized Wima caps, in fact I wimanized more or less anything I could.

The pedal does equalize as advertised, but I still got to get the hang of it, it is an interesting tool for sure. I just tested it on its own, next step I think will be to hear what it does to dirt pedals.

And of course, there needs to be a jewel light on this one.

1675085553490.png

1675085590916.png

@Dan0h and @Fuzzonaut - I am ignorant, but interested in this pedal. How does it differ from a typical EQ pedal (like the 6 band EQ from PedalPCB)?
Well, the Spaceman pedal this is based on is itself based on the Pultec EQP-1A. I think the main difference is that you can boost and cut frequencies at the same time, resulting in unique sounds - at least that's what is said by the blurbs of both of them, but I admit that I'm not too certain yet what's going on myself ...

I quote Spaceman: "For example, using both the CUT and BOOST parameters of the LO band can create large scoops or shelves similar to using 2 sections of a parametric EQ giving you a tight, focused, yet thunderous bass response."

And if you want to see some frequency response graphs (Pultec), have a look here, for example.

Last edited:
Well, the Spaceman pedal this is based on is itself based on the Pultec EQP-1A. I think the main difference is that you can boost and cut frequencies at the same time, resulting in unique sounds - at least that's what is said by the blurbs of both of them, but I admit that I'm not to certain yet what's going on myself ...

I quote Spaceman: "For example, using both the CUT and BOOST parameters of the LO band can create large scoops or shelves similar to using 2 sections of a parametric EQ giving you a tight, focused, yet thunderous bass response."

And if you want to see some frequency response graphs (Pultec), have a look here, for example.
Thanks for the response. Sounds like a fun one to try! Love the build!

Back