Expandora fat switch

Ericmc

Does anyone know how you could modify the Pandora’s box pcb to add the fat switch from the later Expandoras? My assumption is a few different capacitors on a switch to a specific capacitor on the pcb? I’m pretty new to building pedals, so as Michael Scott says, explain to me like I’m a 5 year old.

Thanks!

in the version that comes with a fat switch, c14 on the pandora's box schematic would be lowered to 100n and the fat switch would add 10u in parallel. I haven't done a part for part between the two schematics so there may be other parts value differences.
expandora.jpg

Solder lug DPDT On/On switch
middle set of lugs have the wires to the pcb and the 100n cap
leave one set of outer lugs empty and add the 10u to the other set.

One last question, if I think I want the fat switch on pretty much always, could I simply put those two capacitors in the single c14 position? Would that cause any issues?

One last question, if I think I want the fat switch on pretty much always, could I simply put those two capacitors in the single c14 position? Would that cause any issues?
You could just go with the larger of the two, and leave out the 100n, with negligible difference to having both

Back
Top Bottom