Fellow Tech/Designer Cees van Eijk

Cybercow

For those who knew (of) Cees van Eijk (Skidmark Pedals), I am sad to learn of his passing. Seems his spouse posted the following on his behalf yesterday morning onto his Skidmark Pedal pages on FB . . . .

"Dear fellow pedal people,

If this message gets posted, it means that something went horribly wrong. I've been fighting a nasty lung inflammation for over a decade, but now it seems it has gotten the better of me. I just want to thank each and every one of you for your support over the years. Giving technical assistance on the projects has been a great relieve, and sometimes (for a moment) made me forget that I was seriously ill.

Skidmark Pedals has been a really cool endeavor for me and (sometimes) my daughter Jessie. I (obviously) will not be able to give any support anymore, I reckon I'm now trying to convince Jimy he really needs a Sonomatic
😉

You are all free to use the schematics as posted in the files section, but I would appreciate if you at least would give me some credits. That my designs will live after I have passed, somehow gives me great comfort.

Please remember that your health is the only important thing in life. I'm pretty sure I'm in a better place now. Take care guys, I love you all!

Cees van Eijk"

Cees was a pedal designer in Amsterdam who's following was, while not huge, dedicated and enjoyed his pedal circuit designs. He was alway s more than friendly & helpful to those who asked. Probably his most notorious circuits are his "Sonomatic Deluxe" (4-head delay emulator), "Purple Chorus" (dual chorus), "Tonitrus" (bass OD) and "Equanimity" (Harmonizer tremolo).

I'd built his Echo Machine-X (Ibanez EM-5 delay clone), Sonomatic Deluxe (with some mods) and Purple Chorus pedals. And they are indeed remarkable.

View attachment 72418 View attachment 72419 View attachment 72414 View attachment 72415
View attachment 72416View attachment 72417

Cees will be missed. :cry:

Dang - those are some awesome looking pedals and boards. Is the family still selling any? I'd love to support them.
I don't think so. There are no responses from his FB page and his Reverb account says he's "AWAY". I'm trying to find one of his "Dirty Shally" boards.

The Purple is a truly remarkable chorus, worth every bit of space it takes up.

I traded mine off last week due to being flush with pedals in general, but I plan to incorporate some of Cees’ mods into future builds.

Photoroom_20240327_234639.jpeg

IMG_7999.jpeg

Back