Fender Deville Mods List

I kinda wish I'd kept my 4x10 DeVille so I could try some of these mods. I had the original version twice.
It worked really well with pedals (for the most part), but looking back, I wish it was a bit 'leaner'. Meaning, taking some of the thick, 'Tweedness' out of it.

In my book the FX loop master vol only helps me to use the stage settings (which sound good) to practise room and home volume.
I used a JHS Little Black Amp Box in the loop of a HRDeluxe and 4x10 DeVille, keeping the Volume at 8 and adjusting Master to taste. Driving it like that might have sounded 5 to 10% better, but it wasn't a night and day difference. When I got my Synergy Syn-2 I fired up the Friedman BE/BB module to pit the Buxom Betty channel against my DeVille. Put the DeVille up for sale the next day!

I used a JHS Little Black Amp Box in the loop of a HRDeluxe and 4x10 DeVille, keeping the Volume at 8 and adjusting Master to taste. Driving it like that might have sounded 5 to 10% better, but it wasn't a night and day difference. When I got my Synergy Syn-2 I fired up the Friedman BE/BB module to pit the Buxom Betty channel against my DeVille. Put the DeVille up for sale the next day!
500k pots and two jacks, you got yourself a little black box.

Back