Feta for a hungry practice session

fontoponto

For my bass I use a EBS Micro 3 when I sit on the couch in the evening and I wanted something similar for my guitar.
But the ideas are endless and there are so many dirtboxes out there.
I built a Mofeta a few weeks ago and was pleased with it so I decided to do this couch project now.
Maybe something like he did? https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/...e-channel-cabsim-noise-gate-post-boost.21199/
At first I looked at the all-in-one from TH Custom Effects https://diy.thcustom.com/shop/all-in-one-v1-3-pcb/ but skipped this idea because the enclosure would be way to large with a drive, a reverb, headphone amp etc. I also skipped it to include only a cabsim, headphone amp and aux in pretty quick as it would be not only to large but also to expensive to put all in one box when I want to use these three essentials with other effects some time later.
As I used almost all schematics from PedalPCB I think it's ok to post it here. The practice preamp now consists of these pedals:
  • EQD Black EYE
  • Mofeta (EAE Model feT/ Sunn Model T) geänderten Werten
  • Trembling Loon Tremolo (Tremulus Lune)
  • Gravitation Reverb (EQD Levitation Reverb)
For headphones and aux in I use the AMT CN-1 (which should be traced by the way!!).

IMG_2129.jpg IMG_2133.jpg IMG_2087.jpg

Booster: no comment

Preamp: I just copied the Mofeta with Plexfeta values as mentioned here https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/the-amazingly-versatile-mofeta-board.16424/#post-283161
and made the bright and normal channel switchable between serial and parallel operation (if this is the correct term).
Sounds pretty cool. The channels in parallel are louder but there is much more gain going on in serial mode and when both channels are maxed then there is almost the same volume. It is btw a ridiculous loud pedal. There are two jacks for an effects loop directly after the Feta.

Tremolo: I almost never used one but I wanted one. The Tremulus Lune does not have that much more parts than a easy low part tremolo so I gave it a shot but used internal trimmers for some controls.

Reverb: The reverb is not switchable at all. One less foot switch and I never play without reverb anyway.
That Belton brick is realy thick, I had to tinker with the pots to get them high enough. I had this discussion before where I was to dumb to understand how to get pots at the same hight as a toggle switch. Like the tremolo there are some controls on the inside.

The picture was created with stable diffusion. I saw the AI thread in here and tried it myself this week. Feta cheese with pink sauce (oil?).

The pcb creation and the soldering went well except for the LCR which was placed in the wrong direction in my Kicad schematic (swapped the led with the resitor). The drilling was hell. My drill bits are old and slightly bent. When I have time it's ok but when I'm in a hurry (drill drung lunch break) then it's desastrous. Fixing only a few holes takes longer then drilling a new enclosure. Enclosures are not cheap so I went on.

Maybe I will put it in a larger enclosure to add maybe the Unicab and a headphone amp + aux in. Maybe...

Utilizing an Electrosmith Seed would be an alternative but I did not want to spend the money.

Edit: long live silicon wire. The best invention since sliced bread!

Last edited:
Back