Fever Dream (Duocast build)

jwyles90

This is Fever Dream, my recent Duocast build. Aside from a couple of caps being a little too big and fitting in there kinda wonky everything went together pretty smoothly.

I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews about this pedal, and after a few days of fiddling around with it I’m sad to report that I am I’m the “not that huge of a fan” camp. The low gain side doesn’t really do much for me as it’s either suuuper low gain, or I have to kind of crank the trim pot to get a bit of grit to it. When played with humbuckers it sounds a bit bigger, but on my singles coils it just sounds and feels kind of….empty? And oddly enough when I switch to the higher voltage it just gets louder and cleaner for some reason. I think the high gain side sounds pretty great but again, it’s only when the gain is cranked and it really isn’t anything that special sounding. Anyone else have any experience with this? Or figure out a way to make it sound good? haha. I really want to like this pedal, especially since my partner did such a killer job on the art, but I’m having a hard time here.
B8902F9C-29DF-42B9-9857-5985FA5BD1EF.jpeg AC30386F-86FC-4DC6-8CB5-7A46EB2FCAB4.jpeg

I'm anxious to build this one after hearing that some folks are really underwhelmed by it. It was one of the first pedals in a long time that I had heard in a YouTube video and thought wow I gotta try that! without having explicitly gone looking for it

Reactions: fig
I'm anxious to build this one after hearing that some folks are really underwhelmed by it. It was one of the first pedals in a long time that I had heard in a YouTube video and thought wow I gotta try that! without having explicitly gone looking for it
Yea I love the way it sounds on pretty much every video I’ve watched, which I suppose can be the curse of demo videos haha. It sounds pretty decent when my amp is pushed to breakup but a) I almost always have my amp set pretty clean and b) it kinda defeats the purpose of the low gain setting if my amp is already a little gritty.

Back