DEMO FigBuster (a szukalski Sheepy Love board)

This post contains an audio or video demo

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here's the second of the recent batch of Sheepy Love projects from @szukalski.

This one was Dave's contribution to the "Fig Appreciation Contest" with some help from @music6000.
It's based on the "ClusterFuzz" from functionFX which is an "overdrive into fuzz" type circuit.

It's a really cool pedal with some aggressive tones that can go from overdrive to super gated fuzz.

Similar to the 5lb Bag and Grover drive except that the clipping is not based around a Zen style Mosfet clipping but rather straight up silicon diodes or LEDs.

As a result it's got a much more aggressive and raunchy kind of gain yet cleans up and responds well to the guitar volume control.

There's a whole lot of shades of tones in this pedal. @szukalski's demo's in the contest thread cover really well some of the tones in this circuit.
In my demo, I'm really just barely scratching the surface of what this can do but it sounded so good I just kinda parked there:)

Another beautifully laid out board and super easy build. If you want one of these (and you should) you can grab the Gerber files from the contest thread and have them fabbed at JLCPCB or OshPark. (or anywhere else).

I used the Candy something or other Tayda enclosure, really cool and bright color!

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5354.JPG

I don't know why but those knobs, the colour, goes SO WELL with that shade of gold metallic-flake — super-duper yummy!

Purple PCB in a gold enclosure?

La chef du la Roi!

chefs-kiss-french-chef.gif\
Magnifique!

Back