Finally got protoboard built.

Welcome to the rabbit hole. It’s fun learning how each little block works
I’ve been just using the breadboards for years, but the protoboards makes it a lot less messy. I wish it had spots to mount switches though. In the case of the Supa, there are three spots where I have to jumper to hear the differences. Most the time it isn’t an issue though.

Reactions: fig
Thinking ahead I should just make some switch PCB’s with phoenix connectors to mount to the protoboard for adding easy toggle switches.
Maybe, but you could also build them as breadboard-friendly shields. I think its a fantastic idea to make breadboard-friendly pcbs for a variety of different components. Prior to building pedals, I was doing a lot of micro controller projects on breadboards, and having various components on boards with pin headers on them makes for really easy prototyping.

For switches, I’ve either mounted some on stripboard with header pins or I’ve used GuitarPCB mod boards. I tend to use the stripboard ones more frequently. Those are mounted on my protoboard with blue tack. Not the cleanest but it gets the job done.

I snagged a couple of the Coppersound toggle adapters, which were available at BLMS, but are sold out now.

3pdt-breadboarding-toggle-adapter__92370.1699999064.jpg

Back