First Build, getting no sound. Sandspur Fuzz

Verbzilla

New member
Does anyone see anything wrong from the photos? Pedal switches on with no sound. Bypass signal works fine and led comes on.

I think the transistor readings are way off. What would cause this?
Transistor readings with multimeter (volts)
Q1:
E 0, B.022, C.459

Q2:
E 0, B.459, C.442

Thanks for your help, I'm sure I must have screwed something up? Haha
 

Attachments

  • 20260927_131152.jpg
    20260927_131152.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20260927_165927.jpg
    20260927_165927.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 14
A few things to try - the tip lug on the output jack may need the connection run through the eyelet and re-soldered. Also re-flow all solder connections and closely trim all leads. Look for possible solder bridges (looks like possible bridge between SW and out on the stomp switch daughter board).
 
Thanks everyone for the helpful tips and suggestions! I am getting 9v on each side of the diode. Also with the sundial at noon, I'm only able to get a range of 1.1v - 2v on the collecter of Q2. They're bc108's from Stompbox.

This week I will make sure to reflow all connections again and clip all the leads a little more. I will inspect everything again as well.
 
Back
Top