First Build, getting no sound. Sandspur Fuzz

Verbzilla

New member
Does anyone see anything wrong from the photos? Pedal switches on with no sound. Bypass signal works fine and led comes on.

I think the transistor readings are way off. What would cause this?
Transistor readings with multimeter (volts)
Q1:
E 0, B.022, C.459

Q2:
E 0, B.459, C.442

Thanks for your help, I'm sure I must have screwed something up? Haha
 

Attachments

  • 20260927_131152.jpg
    20260927_131152.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20260927_165927.jpg
    20260927_165927.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 50
No offense @swelchy but OPs issue is voltage, not audio path. DMM is king at the moment.
I'm inclined to think you may have cooked a transistor. I would reflow all the resistors and bias trimmer before attempting to desolder the 108s.
First, make sure the fuzz pot is 1k.
Set the sundial and bias trimmer for maximum voltage/minimum resistance. Then post voltage for Q1 and Q2 C and B individually, DC negative to component. If we can't get to a working bias and component values are correct, BJTs are suspect.
 
Back
Top