First full build w/ decorated pedal hey dude

zachlovescoffee

Hey folks,

Just built this tasty clone of the TC Spark, which I call a Valve Spark. I used all of the standard components but opted for OPA2134s for ICs. This thing sounds absolutely sweet. The image is a waterslide decal and I am not happy with it. I think I will re-do it with a film-less waterslide decal per another member's suggestion recently. Otherwise, I'm quite happy. More pedals to build! Next up is Paragon. I acquired some NOS MA858 and other original diodes. Then I will do Shin-Ei Uni-Vibe if the build docs ever get posted.

I recorded a video of it on YouTube. Forgive my janky-playing.

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpeg
    IMG_0109.jpeg
    479 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 30
Rig: Fender Eric Johnson Strat (rosewood) > Spark > Klon > DynaComp > AionFX Lumin > 69' Princeton Reverb [light reverb]

*Active pedals

Reactions: fig
Those Burr-Brown OPAs are tough to beat. Very nice, but I must have missed the janky part. It sounded good to me!
I found a seller who is letting them go for a decent price. I think I got them for $3/each so I loaded up and bought 12 or so. Once I finish the KoT clone and the Shin-Ei I think I'm good for a while. A Sun Face, TC Spark, Klon, Lumin, KoT and Shin-EI is enough for one year :) I'll hone my enclosure and art making skills.

Plus, I have an AquaPuss MKII that I still need to mod to MKI stats and a Love Pedal OTC-201 parallel optical compressor (AionFX Dinosaural) that I have to finish. I managed to get one of those XVIVE reproduction chips before they sold out globally. I also have a 90's EHX Small Clone that I need to do a little refurb work on, install a Boss-style DC jack. Hoping I can flip it on Reverb for a profit. And then build my own clone of it next year.

Last edited:
Nice build! Try building the electrovibe. You don’t really need the build docs. There are forum posts with the drill guide, BOM and even a nice mods thread.

Back