First PedalPCB Build: Obsidian

chrisqrubio

I have building pedals for a couple of years now, this is my first from here. I got advice from this forum to source components from TaydaElectronics.com and the results are great. I have it running into my Darkglass b7k and it sounds huge. I made the mistake of buying 8 more boards on the black friday sale, with the intent of giving a few away as gifts (including the Obsidian, but now i think i'm keeping it).
I know I have a problem now.
Getting parts from Tayda was easy when I only had one project, but sourcing for 8 more has been insane. I'll probably post again soon with some issues i'm having. Mainly about me not noticing The Kliché Boost doc link leading to the Kliché Clean and the board i got maybe not matching either? I could be wrong.
I dunno it'll be fun to figure out with help from this forum. Are there any components that I should look elsewhere for or is Tayda pretty good for everything?

IMG_20201205_213114.jpg

Tayda has been pretty much my go to spot. They have most common parts. Some of the more uncommon ICs, JFETs, etc I would take a look at Smallbear, Love my switches, etc. In general, stay away from ebay unless you trust the seller 100%. There are more fakes out there than you may realize.

Also, nice build! Do you have pics of the front?

There's no velcro yet, I actually haven't decided which pedal to replace permanently, but I benched my MXR chorus deluxe for testing. I just noticed that the sharpie is fading on the blend, and i'm pretty sure i labeled both switch directions incorrectly. I'll fix that eventually. I really like the aluminum Tayda knobs though, just wish there was more color variety.
IMG_20201207_195223.jpg IMG_20201207_195213.jpg

Back