First PedalPCB build - Twin Face!

Bilansley

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
IMG_3270.jpg IMG_3271.jpg IMG_3272.jpg

Hi everyone! I just finished my first PedalPCB build and decided to make my first forum post.

Im Brent, live in Colorado and have been building pedals for some time now, but have never tried a pedalpcb board. I have to say that I really enjoyed this build.

I am a huge fan of fuzz and distortion pedals of all types and I think that having either PNP or NPN at the flick of a switch is pretty dang cool, that's why I chose this build. You can see on my desk that I have a couple of other PedalPCB projects cooking....they are really fun!

I have a pretty decent collection of transistors I've hoarded for a while and broke out a couple of Soviet P416b for the PNP side (Q1 was 68hfe I think, and Q2 was around 117). The NPN side is two ST Micro BC108b (Q1 was around 314 and Q2 was ~427hfe). All the transistors I put sockets on JIC I change my mind or want to experiment hehehe

I haven't decided on an enclosure style yet, but I did mock it up in a bare enclosure to test and bias it, everything is it working order and it sounds real nice!

Thanks! I'm pretty familiar with the FF schematics so this was a nice clean and quick build. I luckily had all of the necessary parts in my stash so I was able to get right at it.

The build didn't quite come together at first. I goofed up big time and installed the P416's using the standard pinout for like 99% of transistors out there. I'm sure most people by now know that UFO Soviet style transistors do this wonky flip flop of the collector and base, but I totally forgot....ooops. Real glad that I decided to socket the transistors because once I figured it out it was an easy fix.

Back