DEMO Flock Harmonizing Fuzz

This post contains an audio or video demo

Quirkey

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
IMG_7147.jpg

Wow, well this pedal was quite a journey. At first, I got the initial PCB with the mounted rotary switch and that seemed to not work at all (something weird with the power line?) - anyway @PedalPCB was kind enough to send me a fixed/updated PCB with the rotary board. It went together well but once again, issues! (See https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/flock-harmonizing-not-really-harmonizing.13911/).

Two things made it work finally: 1) Getting legit CD4017 ICs - Been having a lot of issues with bad IC's lately and luckily the ones from Mouser, when inserted in the board Just Worked ™️. 2) Really ensuring that the soldering on the very narrow header pins for the rotary are correct. If the rotary pins are not perfect, you will get sound and harmonization but just a loud drone without tracking/following the input.

After actually getting it to work, finally boxed it up tonight and had some fun. No apologies for my noodling or messy workstation!

Thank you for this! I'm getting squealing on mine, so looks like I'll have to reflow the rotary switch....

View attachment 35315

Wow, well this pedal was quite a journey. At first, I got the initial PCB with the mounted rotary switch and that seemed to not work at all (something weird with the power line?) - anyway @PedalPCB was kind enough to send me a fixed/updated PCB with the rotary board. It went together well but once again, issues! (See https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/flock-harmonizing-not-really-harmonizing.13911/).

Two things made it work finally: 1) Getting legit CD4017 ICs - Been having a lot of issues with bad IC's lately and luckily the ones from Mouser, when inserted in the board Just Worked ™️. 2) Really ensuring that the soldering on the very narrow header pins for the rotary are correct. If the rotary pins are not perfect, you will get sound and harmonization but just a loud drone without tracking/following the input.

After actually getting it to work, finally boxed it up tonight and had some fun. No apologies for my noodling or messy workstation!

Yeah, bad ICs are a real thing. The only problem I ever really had with pedals I've built are from bad ICs. I usually try to source ICs from a couple of different places in case I get a bad batch from one supplier or another.

Back