Fordoble Boost

jwyles90

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hey all!

Finished this one up a week or so ago, and overall I'd say it's a solid pedal if you're looking for a boost/drive combo. The build itself was pretty straightforward. I only had D9V germaniums on hand, but I socketed the diodes in case I ever get around to swapping them out for others to see how they compare. I actually really like how the boost side sounds just on its own, especially playing my Strat or Tele with the lows dimed. That low knob is killer, and fattens up my single coils in such a nice way it's kind of hard to not just have it on all the time. There's tons of volume on tap here, so I've found I really only need a tiny bit of boost to get to unity. Anything past that and I've noticed that it can get a little crackly (not sure if that's the circuit itself or the diodes I have in there though). The drive side is awesome, and sounds really nice once you get into that medium-gain territory. Paired with the boost it's got that awesome, saturated and kinda bitey (but in a not harsh way) tone that sounds great for anything bluesy and noodly.

Still working out the waterslide kinks, as it seems to be hit or miss if those lines will show up or not, but all in all I had fun with this one and it's probably going to make its way onto my board at some point in the near future here.
IMG_8746.jpeg IMG_8682.jpeg

Back