Fraudhacker

Guardians of the analog

1000010902.jpg
The past couple months have been tough. A death in the family, lots of health problems with family, a personal crisis and work related pain. To battle seasonal, holiday and clinical depression I decided to embark on a side quest and start a new personal build collection.
I'll preface this by saying that long before I fell in love with vintage EHX circuits, I was a BOSS fanboy. Like many of us many of my first pedals were boss pedals because the were cheap, indestructible and everywhere. This collection will contain pedals I've have previously owned, could not find or became too expensive to try. The first up is the fraud hacker
The fraudhacker is a BF-2 flanger. I have a soft spot for this pedal as it's the first flanger I got back in 93. Like an idiot I sold my original early 90s pedal around 2002 when the boutique phase hit and BOSS wasn't cool anymore to the masses (thanks TGP🙄). Sonically I would describe it as the middle ground between the DEM and MXR flanger. A very versatile flanger that can do warm, metallic, chorus and jet plane tones.
The build and biasing itself was very straightforward and simple. I got the nos 3207/3102 from @blackhatboojum in a trade at the beginning of the year and was saving them for the right project. The literal fraud and hacker Mysterio, UV printed on a matte Violette enclosure. Sorry for the long post. TLDR it's a great sounding flanger and if you are in the market to build one you can't go wrong with a BF-2.
Wx0FT7P.jpg
xeipIpH.jpg

oAY1nfx.jpg

Last edited:
I wanna thank everyone for the kind words. What I've been going through is something all of us go through at one time or another. I have been bipolar my whole life and have struggled with having balance. This time of year can be hard for everyone for various reasons, regardless of whether or not you have mental health issues. If anyone ever needs to vent or needs an open ear don't hesitate to hit me up. We all need someone to talk to who's unbiased and not involved.

Very nice build. When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about Pedalhacker not filling orders :|

I had a BF-2 when I was searching for a flanger. I ended up with an MXR flanger in the end for the wooshing flange in the end, but I liked that the BF-2 could do the Police sort of sound like an Electric Mistress.

Very nice build. When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about Pedalhacker not filling orders :|

I had a BF-2 when I was searching for a flanger. I ended up with an MXR flanger in the end for the wooshing flange in the end, but I liked that the BF-2 could do the Police sort of sound like an Electric Mistress.
The mistress is definitely more chorus and can't really do the really swooshy sound. The mxr is really metallic and great for the exaggerated jet plane swoosh but doesn't do the chorus type stuff too well. The bf-2 can do both, not to the strengths of the others but If I needed the most amount of sounds out of a flanger, I would choose the bf-2

Back