Fuzz decision help needed

2204Stuff

Looking for a fuzz for my 2nd board. ~ I have a TB MkII Pro on my main board, I have a few pedals I stack it with,
depending on the sound I'm wanting, Para EQ, boost ~ etc.

I'm looking at these; also open to suggestions.
J.Rockett WTF/Ermahgerd! Fuzz
ThorpyFX Fallout Cloud/Pyrocumulus Fuzz
Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe/Aldrin Fuzz

I would love to have something like 40% V3 3003 70's muff, and 60% TB.
would like something somewhat clean and produce a good amount of fuzz.

Last edited:
Just ordered a dung beetle based on the scarab deluxe from basic audio. Looks pretty versatile with the bias and fat knobs

just ordered. funny as I just sold my Tri/Ram today, so I was not really looking at anything Basic audio, even though they make 100 different fuzzes.

Thanks!

it is going to the 2nd board, has a little more noise than what I like, it is a keeper for me as it has a lot of tone options.
also note, it stacks really well with the Majestic I recently built.

I did a shot phone clip, no open option to post, will have to find something that will allow me to post a sound track other than sound cloud.

I'm quite a fan of the Scarab Dlx, but there is a very similar pedal at Fuzzdog called the Pitbull which I like even more. They're almost the same circuit but have a few component differences which seem to give the Pitbull a little more of that Muff vocal kinda sound. You might even be able to built a Pitbull on the Scarab Dlx board.

Other fuzzes I like would include the Marshall Supa Fuzz, a really good Tonebender with a lot more lows and mids. They were originally built by Solasound who made the original Tonebenders.

You can simulate the Colorsound Supa-Tonebender by building a Muff but leaving out the clipping diodes and associated cap on the second transistor. I've done this with quite a few Muffs including my favourites, the Skreddy P19 and Pig Mine. What this does is lower the fuzz a little so gives you slightly less compression - great if you want a little bit more dynamic response. You could put those diodes on a switch too. It still sounds like a Muff but a little bit more controllable.

The Lunar Module is a great pedal but sounds more like an overdrive than a fuzz. Same with the Screwdriver - outstanding pedals, like most Skreddy stuff. The Rockett WTF is not really in the same league.

Nice build! Great paint job.

Check out the Flugelhorn or Quarantine (same circuit). It's Muff-ish, but I like the dynamics and Tone control much better.

Looking for a fuzz for my 2nd board. ~ I have a TB MkII Pro on my main board, I have a few pedals I stack it with,
depending on the sound I'm wanting, Para EQ, boost ~ etc.

I'm looking at these; also open to suggestions.
J.Rockett WTF/Ermahgerd! Fuzz
ThorpyFX Fallout Cloud/Pyrocumulus Fuzz
Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe/Aldrin Fuzz

I would love to have something like 40% V3 3003 70's muff, and 60% TB.
would like something somewhat clean and produce a good amount of fuzz.
If you were interested in the WTF, I highly recommend the PedalPCB Trumpeter/Trombetta Mini-bone. The Mini-bone was the source for the circuit in the WTF, so they're similar ideas, both based on a modified Jordan Bosstone with a big input cap and a voltage starve. I built a Trumpeter, and it's my favorite pedal. It does a gnarly, octave down, sputtery fuzz with trumpet-like tones, but it also does an incredible, touch-sensitive overdrive. It's very responsive to your volume knob, so you can go from nasty velcro fuzz to a sparkling clean tone without touching the pedal at all. If you do build it, I'd recommend socketing and testing Q2 (the transistors are cheap, so it's not a big deal), as I found that that made a pretty big difference. I think mine was like 190, but you can use your ears if you don't have a transistor tester. Other than that, it's an easy build with relatively few parts and a ton of fun to play.

Back