Fuzz Face variant for a 2n1305 and 2n404a transistor set?

PBWilson1970

Years ago I bought a matched set of Germanium transistors from SmallBear that I intended to use in a Fuzz Face-style circuit.

Years passed and I'm looking for something with a bit more range to use these transistors in.

Would they be suitable for a Fuzz Factory? The 2n1305 measures 171 and the 2n404a measures 98 if that matters in the Fuzz Factory circuit.

Are there any other variations on the Fuzz Face that people would also recommend?

I appreciate the help.

Any help for these transistors to be used in a Fuzz Factory clone? I've got my sights on a Fuzz Foundry Deluxe once they come back in stock, along with the rotary switch. Thanks.

I think those transistors would work well in a Fuzz Factory. I do not have any experience with the Deluxe, so I cannot comment on that.

Agreed, those transistor values are good. One note, I recommend changing the Volume pot from B5k to A5k for better control of low volumes with the log taper.

Just about anything will work in a fuzz factory. I've used sets with hfe as low as 30 and as high as 200.

Back