SOLVED Fuzz Foundry - overdrive but no fuzz?

finebyfine

My germanium transistors arrived in the mail today from small bear - a sino fuzz face pair - and I threw them in my sockets and am not getting fuzz. It sounds like a mild overdrive (almost like a klon). Not sure where I’m going wrong but hoping it’s a dumb mistake that someone else will notice right away.

DC9F9554-5D47-4275-B594-6F977E02403E.jpeg
DD63D908-C53C-4203-8078-95D9070109D6.jpeg

Last edited:
The fuzz factory has a lot of knob positions that don't really *work*. It's a rather temperamental circuit (try adjusting the controls!). Provided that you've installed the transistors correctly (can you confirm the pinout with a device datasheet or peak atlas?), I can't see anything immediately wrong. Resistors and other components seem okay. Double check your wiring, ensure everything socketed is seated correctly, confirm that the connectors are making good contact. Is there a possible short on the underside of the board?

Most likely a transistor in wrong. The awesome part is that you socketed them. The FF I just finished is amazing, but at least 70% of the knob settings are just crazy cool noise. But that 30% of sweet spots really is sweet. Pretty much all the Pots are tied together so they all effect each other. Very crazy pedal. I had one of the transistors in wrong for mine and once I put it in correctly all was well in the world.

I had one of the transistors in wrong for mine and once I put it in correctly all was well in the world.
(can you confirm the pinout with a device datasheet or peak atlas?)

Yep this was it. 3AX31C pinout is different than the AC128. Turned them around and turned it on and hoooly hell it's like a bat out of hell. Thanks guys : )

Last edited:
Back