FX Layouts Kentauride

falco_femoralis

Well-known member
I've made a few klons and never really liked them so I built this so that at least I could have one that would be on my board and not take up more room than the tube screamer I do like. In my head that logic makes sense.

Running the TS into the klon actually sounds really good, with just enough saturation, the right amount of push, and easy feedback as well.

I did a yellow/green color scheme, with green of course being the TS and yellow is the klon.
IMG_7543.jpg

I like these lampshade lenses for individual LEDs and i like to put the LED a little further down inside the lens so it illuminates the sides. These lenses don't have a great way of securing to the enclosure so I drilled a hole pretty much the exact size of the lens so that it's a press fit, and then chamfered the opening to get the lens started inside the hole. I set the LED's to the height I wanted, then globbed up the backs with hot glue and put the circuit board in place on top of them them so they would be glued to the board. After letting it cool, I removed the board and secured them in place more permanently with more hot glue.

This was a pretty tight build. I like to space my knobs out a particular way so I had to bend their legs to meet the board. It was all pretty normal except the dual pot, which surprisingly soldered up fine. When I was setting the spacing I had the footswitches installed so I could make sure the pot legs would meet the circuit board in the correct place and not put the board too close to the footswitches
uLOlgwk.jpeg


oc8oB5x.jpeg


I wired up the footswitches last and when I was going over the build doc to do that I discovered that the intended layout for the pedal happened to match where I wanted to place the footswitches exactly, which means it was meant to be this tight. That's some good planning on the original designer's part.
KNPzBhY.jpeg


The yellow knobs are a bit disappointing. I was hoping they'd be more like a school bus yellow and instead they are a squash yellow. But I didn't like any of the other colors :/

kmoc28M.jpeg


Thankfully it worked first time with no drama! I was not looking forward to taking this thing back apart
 
Back
Top