Getting to know Daisy (C++)

Thanks for starting this thread. I also want to learn more about programming for the Daisy seed. Coming into it with very little programming and nothing in C++
I have a lot of c++ experience, but not much pedal building experience. I'm looking forward to the journey!

Just for a point of reference, the Daydream is a three-tap delay (approx 1000ms total combined delay time) each with a simple high-pass filter... This pretty much maxes out the instruction count and RAM of the FV-1.

With the Daisy I was able to run 50 taps (yes, 50) each with resonant band-pass filters, and 1000ms per tap. I hadn't hit the maximum at this point, I was just tired of adding more taps. :ROFLMAO:
so you could make some "eventide h3000 band delays" tipe of delay?

You mean the delay at the end that sounds like it’s close to oscillating? Sounds like a BBD delay to me (Carbon Copy or similar)?

You mean the delay at the end that sounds like it’s close to oscillating? Sounds like a BBD delay to me (Carbon Copy or similar)?
Not exactly, i mean the sound you hear during the first verse, under the clean guitar. It's an eventide h3000 band delay preset

There was a guy on the Spin forum that had a way of creating a convincing Spring Reverb using a large number of all-pass filters, but was ultimately held back by the delay ram or number of registers (can't remember, but here is the thread).

Hello all. New to this forum. I am that guy who wrote the spring reverb for the FV-1 and posted it on the Spin forum. I worked with the FV-1 for a decade, and believe I got pretty good at wringing out every ounce of functionality that chip can offer.

I am now trying to make the leap to Daisy. I have found it very frustrating, despite my familiarity with DSP music effects. I jumped into this thread:
I have been pretty obnoxious there and in other threads, railing about how difficult it is for the non-C++ programmer to even get the development environment set up, let alone wade through the almost nonexistent human-readable documentation.

Seriously, bless you @PedalPCB for your "lets start from the start" tutorial at the beginning of this thread. You have done more than Electro-Smith has to date for the C++ neophyte. Please keep it up, at least until E-S gets their sh*t together an realizes that some sparsely commented examples and libraries does not constitute a knowledge base.

Back