Gondwana - my quest for a DIY-ish IR loader

A little bit? I'm successfully using the ADAU1701 with a single EEPROM holding a single IR in Venus X, and it's working really well. I'm working with someone smarter than me to develop a way to load IR files over USB and store them in flash memory which a microcontroller can pass over to the ADAU1701, but it's still early stages and I don't have anything working yet.

Thanks 😁 The background was done on the CNC, not printed. I used a 3mm end mill and just had it poke the enclosure every 1.5mm.
I love that. I bet it feels cool too. Did it take forever?? Guessing you won't be offering that as an option on your DIY project enclosures...

I love that. I bet it feels cool too. Did it take forever?? Guessing you won't be offering that as an option on your DIY project enclosures...
On a 125B it wasn't a crazy long time, but still kind of a long time. But certainly not something I would offer on DIY enclosures.

A little bit? I'm successfully using the ADAU1701 with a single EEPROM holding a single IR in Venus X, and it's working really well. I'm working with someone smarter than me to develop a way to load IR files over USB and store them in flash memory which a microcontroller can pass over to the ADAU1701, but it's still early stages and I don't have anything working yet.

Thanks 😁 The background was done on the CNC, not printed. I used a 3mm end mill and just had it poke the enclosure every 1.5mm.

Oh I didn't realize this project had ended up being Venus X :)

Work any more on this?? Going straight from Particle Accelerator -> Class D -> guitar cab leaves a muddiness at the low end. Considering exploring a fixed EQ circuit post preamp to conform the Class D to the freq curve of my Deluxe Reverb power section. It occurs to me that this might be a workable fix for a DIY project, but the IR route is probably far superior.

Work any more on this?? Going straight from Particle Accelerator -> Class D -> guitar cab leaves a muddiness at the low end. Considering exploring a fixed EQ circuit post preamp to conform the Class D to the freq curve of my Deluxe Reverb power section. It occurs to me that this might be a workable fix for a DIY project, but the IR route is probably far superior.
It's kind of on the back burner, but I've finally accepted the fact that I can't do everything myself and have enlisted some outside help with the digital section.

Back