Help with JCM800 Bass Series 1992

New preamp tubes and I clean sockets :(
You are playing with some serious Volts in an Amp, It's not a 9V pedal.
No one here is going to give advice where to look in case you harm yourself.
You have done the Basic stuff, changing Preamp Tubes.
If that has not worked, Take it to a Amp Technician!

Unless I seriously misunderstand what you are doing and how you are doing it then of course you are not going to get any noise out of the amp with the power tubes removed. You shouldn't get any sound of any type.

I know how to work with high voltage and guitar amps, but I´m not sure where to look with this noise.

That´s why I ask for some recommendation or if someone had similar experiences

If it is an original JCM800 then it could be a few things. My first thought is obviously tubes - 99% of tube amp issues are tube related. But then a JCM800 could be up to 40 years old, so there are questions about the electrolytic caps and even ceramic caps.

First of all learn how to drain filter caps. If you don't want to learn that then take it to a tech. It could be a worn-out pot in the tone stack, an electrolytic cap or all sorts of things. It sounds tube-related to me and if you haven't replaced the EL34s in the last few years then that's my first guess. If the noise is specifically related to V2 it could be the treble cap which is probably ceramic and probably 250pF in that amp.

But it sounds like power tubes to me.

Back