Help with Terrarium

jhaneyzz

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to ask first, solder second on this build.

1. The build doc doesn't even specify the proper orientation of the Seed board (picture show it in my best guess orientation but it is not soldered in) is this correct, or does it need to be flipped.
  2. Is there anything I need to know about the components that go under the board? I assume I have to solder the TL072 in without a socket. Wouldn't really make any sense to be socketed anyway.
  3. Anything else I'm not thinking of?

1703798470334.png

I agree it could (and should) be made more obvious, but pin 1 is square and surrounded.
1703803984839.png

And that corresponds to the same pin 1 indicator on the Seed.
1703804142874.png

Definitely install it into female pinheaders in case you want to remove (or replace) it in the future.

Whenever I get around to updating the docs I'll make it a bit clearer, you don't want to install it backwards and those Seeds are a bit more expensive than an opamp.
I agree it could (and should) be made more obvious, but pin 1 is square and surrounded.
View attachment 64322

And that corresponds to the same pin 1 indicator on the Seed.
View attachment 64323

Definitely install it into female pinheaders in case you want to remove (or replace) it in the future.
In my defense, I bought the presoldered board and the square pin was covered in solder.

Back