How exactly does this work?

mU3uLR8.jpg
That’s some high quality H2O right there son tell you what

• Love
Reactions: fig
I haven't used SpinCAD in a while but it seems like you can load .spn files into patches (or maybe it's just hex/bin files?)
You can load a HEX file into any slot. If you give it a regular HEX file used to program a full 8 programs in a 24LC32, it just takes the first one. So if you want the 5th program in a HEX file you'll need to trim the first 4 programs out of the file. I don't know if people ever use this.

There is a way to convert any block of Spin ASM into a SpinCAD block using the "SpinCAD Builder" language (including a full algorithm) but this is somewhat advanced. Other than some reverbs I tried to keep the blocks to individual functions that could be hooked together.

Anyway, a few SpinCAD questions:

• What is a reasonable time base setting? And,
  • What is a good buffer depth for elements that have that property? I can tell a difference in some simulations but I'm not sure if these differences transfer over once it's burned to an EEPROM.
  • Are there resources / guides for SpinCAD that I'm just oblivious to? I have really only seen the 101 Trem tutorial and a few scattered forum posts. Edit: D'OH. There's a docs directory on Github: https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer/tree/master/docs although it's just forum threads saved as PDFs. I know the original holycityaudio page on longer exists.
I don't understand either of the first two questions. The "Time Base" shown on the UI only affects the "Scope" feature.

I have pretty much finished transferring all the SpinCAD help content from my Patreon site (which was a stupid idea for this sort of thing) over to Gitbook (which is a great idea for this sort of thing).

Back