Hydra 4-Head Delay

KR Sound

Well this guy turned out pretty cool and it’s definitely my favorite echo/delay I’ve made so far. Everything went together really smoothly and I based the graphics off of an old Hawk 5-head reel to reel echo unit.

I do have one issue- the bypassed signal has all the treble cut out. If I turn it on and set everything to zero except for the volume, it sounds like it should. Is there something I did wrong?

63A07FD0-C1D7-4229-9FC9-7D4E3F92DE44.jpeg

DF285E36-3FE0-458A-A6D2-878FFE747970.jpeg

167F7655-CB15-4D18-997D-AF6144BBA88E.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you do the surface mount soldering? I have one sitting in a box that I haven't started. I bought it last year when they were not offering a pre-soldered version due to shortages. Wish I had waited. My iron died and then life has stopped me from building anything for months.

Reactions: fig
Did you do the surface mount soldering? I have one sitting in a box that I haven't started. I bought it last year when they were not offering a pre-soldered version due to shortages. Wish I had waited. My iron died and then life has stopped me from building anything for months.
I did not do this one and bought it pre-soldered, but I’ve since purchased a surface mount practice kit and and am getting pretty decent at it. Hopefully you can get back at it soon.

Reactions: fig
Dude your graphics are the best I have seen, I love that look, I am going to have to look into this water slide thing now, I have avoided it for this entire time. But your build is awesome, minimal, and BAD ASS.

Back