SOLVED Hydra delay no delay

Tpruitt

I have searched the forum and found another person with this issue but it was never resolved.
Finished my build and have no delay sound.It’s working minus the delay. Mix works,volume works but,nothing else makes a change.
Fv1 was pre soldered on board.
Tl072 chips came from tayda.
L78L33 and 24Lc32a came from eBay.
A quick probe on L78L33 pin 1 was 3.?v
Pin 2 was 0v pin 3 was 8.?v

24Lc32a had a reading on the right side pins and nothing on the left pins. I can get a reading if it will help on the right side again.

The only thing is see on other posts is the run a jumper from the right side of R5 to ground and see if there’s some kind of delay effect. This will tell me if the Fv1 is good. I’ll swap out the TL072’s ,L78L33 and ,24LC32a for others I have since I bought more than I needed. Other then that I’m stuck.
Ideas?

Attachments

• C4F1A93D-C2D6-4B7A-B9E3-1C6E090E845F.jpeg
    C4F1A93D-C2D6-4B7A-B9E3-1C6E090E845F.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 16
  • C179B262-13B6-438F-9683-5D1773C19469.jpeg
    C179B262-13B6-438F-9683-5D1773C19469.jpeg
    519.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I made one recently. I had some issues, but my issues were traced back to the soldering on the FV-1 chip (I did the soldering. 🤦🏻‍♂️)

If you have an audio probe, I would try tracing the delay line backwards from the mix pot. The schematic is not in the build docs, but can be found here: https://docs.pedalpcb.com/project/PedalPCB-Hydra-Schematic.jpg

I would probably start probing at R10, then R18. Also, check the voltages on IC5.2. Start there and work your way backwards with the probe. Feel free to reach out with questions.

If you have clean dry signal the opamps are most likely fine.

The next step is to ground the right end of R5 and check for an effected signal. This activates the internal programs of the FV-1 (it won't be the Hydra effect) to determine if the EEPROM is the problem.

Boy do I feel like a horses azz.
I ordered parts for 5 pcb and totally forgot about them being programmed.
Anyways swapped chips and all is good.
No noise or anything.

Well,if you want pm me your address and I’ll send you these 5 chips. I don’t program them and it’s the least I can do for your help troubleshooting.

Last edited:
@Tpruitt, nothing to be ashamed of, I think everyone here on this forum has pulled equally boneheaded moves at one point or another in their builds... :ROFLMAO:

Glad you got it solved and your pedal is working without any serious surgery:)

You can mark this thread “Solved” by editing your original post title and selecting the the little drop down menu on the left hand of the title bar and select the “Solved” badge.

Helps with the hygiene of this forum so the guru’s can help the folks that still need help. Thanks!

Boy do I feel like a horses azz.
I ordered parts for 5 pcb and totally forgot about them being programmed.
Anyways swapped chips and all is good.
No noise or anything.

Well,if you want pm me your address and I’ll send you these 5 chips. I don’t program them and it’s the least I can do for your help troubleshooting.
Members around here love talking about Horses anything, so you have nothing to worry about! ;)

Hi everybody, I have the same problem: no delay whenever I activate the pedal or not.
Tried to connect to ground the right side of R5 (the side that is connected to the FV1.
I soldered by myself the FV1, but I checked the connections to the board and is everything ok.
Tried to move potentiometers and switch: Volume and Mix only modify the volume of the clean signal.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Back