Hydra Delay / Spatialist Reverb Combo

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Over the weekend I completely my third ever 2-in-1 build - a Hydra Delay feeding into a Spatialist Reverb.

The build itself wasn't too bad for either, but the Spatialist side of this led to an interesting troubleshooting session. I had identical symptoms as this thread follows but it wound up being a solder bridge issues on the FV-1 Spin Chip. Unfortunately I was not able to completely desolder it from the board, and once it was removed the pads came with it, so I considered the PCB toast at that point. I ordered that board over a year ago and pre-soldered FV-1's were not an option at the time though they were this time. After ordering a second PCB with the FV-1 properly soldered by folks way more skilled than me, it fired right up after connecting it to the Hydra.

Artwork was an obvious choice for me - being a fan of Magic: the Gathering and that my favorite card is Helm of the Host, an artifact that clones its host was an artwork match made in my dreams for a delay. I can't wait to hook this thing up to my synths and modular rig!

I definitely took this one as a learning experience for troubleshooting and teaching myself how to follow the schematics, always order a pre-soldered Spin if available!

1695659364218.png
1695659372294.png

The hydra and spatialist are a great combo, it can take some exploring but there are some really great sounds in there and there are a bunch of mods that you can do with this build to squeeze even more tricks out of it. Some are worth it, others not so much.

Back