Hydra/Spatialist combo (AA Esotera)

So this was something I have been meaning to get around to for a while, sooo many issues I ran into, broken wires, tight fit, ideas that flat out didn’t work, but I sorted everything out on the fly and it turned out good enough. I could go back and change a few things but I’m l kind of over messing with this one.

With the order switch the LEDs change color indicating what is first in the chain (blue first red second) so I could utilize the internal modulation algorithms on the Fv-1 of the spatialist, (I like modulation before delay) they are useable but not really anything that gets me excited. The oscillation mod on a 3pdt momentary through a dual gang 50k trimmed down to 25k (a 5k or 10k would have been the way to go) controls the speed and swell of the Hydra, you really need to have 2 heads running for it to ramp up nicely , a little noisy on engagement but the release is pretty epic… cool circuits , a lot of work to put them in one enclosure like this. Probably won’t do that again. Didn’t really turn out how I was wanting but not bad, soooo many knobs and switches so I dubbed it the Esotera. Umm yeah I’m even over writing about it.. but it’s cool I’ll keep it.
View attachment 30036View attachment 30054
What size enclosure is that? I'm building something similar (although less complex) for a buddy of mine. It will be <insert some delay> + Gravitation reverb. Maybe a Magnetron but I'm waiting to build out my DMD-2 to see if that might work better.

Edit: Phenomenal looking build man! How does it sound?

What size enclosure is that? I'm building something similar (although less complex) for a buddy of mine. It will be <insert some delay> + Gravitation reverb. Maybe a Magnetron but I'm waiting to build out my DMD-2 to see if that might work better.

The enclosure is a 1590xx. It sounds good but after playing with it a little more, some of the mods I did just aren’t as useful As I thought. I will probably never use the internal algorithms that makes the order switch pointless for me… but it was a challenging build so I learned a few things.

I'm late to the party with this one but IMO it doesn't get any better then this! Amazing!
Thanks man. In retrospect the combo build added unnecessary complexity that just didn’t need to happen it would have been easier and more useful to make two pedals, but it turned out good lots to explore on this pedal…more than needed actually…lol

Late to the party as well, this is super awesome! Are you using solid core wire? If not what type of wire are you using? I need to get me some.

YOWZA!

What a build! Definitely BOTY material here.

Uhm, you might want to do something about that clip... and soon...

ContentThriftyDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

Oh, and the engineered flooring... that wood veneer is less than paper-thin and every little scratch or ding shows immediately.
Hey, I didn't install it, it came with the house.

Ok so after playing with it for a while, this thing is a sound scape machine, and some of the internal FV1 Algos. are useful ( the trem fx in the demo was an internal algo.) not great but useable depending on your taste and situation. It la actually a pretty cool pedal and now that I’m familiar with it not to bad to dial in and a ambient shoegaze arsenal .

Back