I built a bunch of PCBGM pedals so you don’t have to

Oh that looks SWEET. I need a PCB that works! Major FOMCB (fear of missing circuit boards) going on here...
Have you tried to reach out to Daniel at Carcharias Effects? Super nice guy, could maybe give you an ETA to when more Sagan boards will be available.

Here's the status of all of my PCBGM attempts. It's entirely possible that some of these don't work because I screwed up somehow. (FWIW I have a much higher success rate with PedalPCB and other PCB makers.) But I've heard that others have had trouble with Death by Reverb & Kheiron Klon especially.

DIDN'T WORK
Corruption Device
Death by Reverb
Kheiron Klon
Paolo Gilberto

CURRENTLY TROUBLESHOOTING
King Centaur

EITHER IT DOESN'T WORK AS INTENDED OR I DON'T LIKE IT
Corpulent Bee
Dead Robot
Germanium Percolator
Podcaster

WORKS
Death by Fuzz
Fuzz Maker II
Knight of Tone
LoveCheese
Mr Tea
Shotgun
Uber Bolt

Has anyone tried building their Zombie Choir before? I've held off on ordering from them given the issues people have flagged before and on this thread but I supposed I've found dumber ways to waste ~$10 bucks + shipping before

Has anyone tried building their Zombie Choir before? I've held off on ordering from them given the issues people have flagged before and on this thread but I supposed I've found dumber ways to waste ~$10 bucks + shipping before
I'd go Down Under for Lich King PCB from DIY Guitar Pedals .

Or try the Puzzle Sounds PCB, if you can stand side jacks (or just offboard wire some compact jacks if you can squeeze 'm in. )

You could go for a perf layout from Effects Layouts.

Vero from Sabrotone or Tagboard are also options.

Etch your own PCB using GeoFX's layout (PDF).

Maybe see if this Dutch PCB supplier has it or this Polish PCB supplier — hunt around, there may be other places that offer it under a different name such as the aforementioned Lich King.

Last edited:
CARCHARIAS, COME BACK! I'd buy that Sagan PCB too.

Re: Guitar Mania, I bought two from them when I started building, and I received three:

Uberschall: Kind of early build for me so I was sure it had to be me. Could be. But, I put some care and effort into troubleshooting, feel like I found a problem spot, didn't get anywhere on their FB fan page. Might pick at it sometime, a year wiser now. Girlfriend's review, "It sounds like a bad guitar player trying too hard."

Maestro Stage Phaser: I hesitated, but it was just sitting on my bench and I've wanted a phaser. I just built it and It sounds great! Problem is, I didn't order it, I ordered something else. He said sorry by throwing in an overdrive I don't want/won't try with it. But I do like my phaser!

Corpulent Bee
Podcaster
The Bee worked for me, but I messed up 2 values first. At least with J113s it works fine if you build it correctly. BUT it's a sort of dark/warm, lowish gain and somewhat flubby and slightly fuzzy drive by Design which I personally didn't like either.

Podcaster I built just to be sure I don't like the Broadcast, which I built once before. Thought maybe the Dual footswitch version might make it more usable for me but nah... Also works fine, I guess the germanium transistor, charge pump and second footswitch wiring might be the problematic parts of this one but I had no issues at all. I just think it's an overrated as hell pedal that didn't work for my setup.

CARCHARIAS, COME BACK! I'd buy that Sagan PCB too.

Re: Guitar Mania, I bought two from them when I started building, and I received three:

Uberschall: Kind of early build for me so I was sure it had to be me. Could be. But, I put some care and effort into troubleshooting, feel like I found a problem spot, didn't get anywhere on their FB fan page. Might pick at it sometime, a year wiser now. Girlfriend's review, "It sounds like a bad guitar player trying too hard."

Maestro Stage Phaser: I hesitated, but it was just sitting on my bench and I've wanted a phaser. I just built it and It sounds great! Problem is, I didn't order it, I ordered something else. He said sorry by throwing in an overdrive I don't want/won't try with it. But I do like my phaser!
He told me he's on pause because he had a kid this year -- understandable reasons!

Funny, that’s how I got my maestro board too. Ordered the vu-tron, got the master phaser board. Did eventually get the vu-tron. It works, but it’s meh for my tastes in envelope filters. Agree the maestro phaser sounds very good.

Back