If you could only have one...

Why so angry?

EDIT: above referred to below
capture-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran-2021-07-26-%C3%A0-16-17-52-png.14095

Last edited:
I will be repeating a lot of others, but...
1. Solder: Kester 44
2. Desoldering braid: Honestly, I can't remember the last time I used braid. Pretty much always use my trusty old Weller desoldering pump/solder sucker. That one - my favorite - is an older and out-of-production one with a pencil-like body (hexagonal rather than round). I can't even find any photos online! I also have one of the newer style ones and it is fine too, but I am partial to the older one.
3. Wire gauge/type: 24ga stranded, from wherever. I do typically use ribbon cable to connect main PCBs to stomp PCBs and would like to try some of this new fancy silicone wire :p
4. Strippers: I have some of these Klein Automatic Strippers that work great although can be overkill for pedal applcations. Typically I just use this pair from Ideal that I have had for ages.
5. Cutters: Hakko - they are very sharp and precise and fairly affordable (3 for $18USD).

And I would be remiss if I did not take this opportunity to reccommend the Hakko FX888D soldering station. Truthfully it's probably far more than I need but I love it. Thing is like a Cadillac!

Back