Illuminated 3PDT Breakout Board (Single Color)

Rpschultz13

I tried one of these Illuminated 3PDT Breakout Boards with a Ring LED 3PDT. It didn't work at first. Took me a while to figure out that I had to ALSO put an LED in the A-K terminals of the PCB presumably to complete the circuit. Maybe a jumper would also work. Anyway, I don't necessarily understand why. Would be nice if there was documentation to say as much.

1704559277540.png

Oh ok. I see, It needs to go through main pcb because of LEDR. I naively thought it could just route the voltage through 3pdt board alone to turn on led, but that would blow the led without LEDR. Got it. Thanks!

It would, but why? Just use a normal 3PDT breakout board if you use a normal LED.
because I've bought boards for illuminated switches and I'm not sure if I'll use them or normal switches;

by the way, taking advantage of your post to ask: how did you liked the illuminated switch? what made me have second thoughts after buying the boards is that I saw people saying is not very solid after mounting it; have had any problems with it?

because I've bought boards for illuminated switches and I'm not sure if I'll use them or normal switches;

by the way, taking advantage of your post to ask: how did you liked the illuminated switch? what made me have second thoughts after buying the boards is that I saw people saying is not very solid after mounting it; have had any problems with it?
I love the illuminated switch, but they are a pain to wire the LED… unless you have that breakout board. Really love the combination. Sometime there isn’t space for the illuminated switch, but if there is, I prefer it. This PedalPCB breakout board makes wiring the led SO much easier.

I love the illuminated switch, but they are a pain to wire the LED… unless you have that breakout board. Really love the combination. Sometime there isn’t space for the illuminated switch, but if there is, I prefer it. This PedalPCB breakout board makes wiring the led SO much easier.
thank you, after that I'll definitely gave them a try!

Back