Inductor and 33k resistor on classic board layout.

HuckleberryThin

I picked up this PCB on eBay and it came with some simple instructions, but now I'm stuck with a question about the proper layout of my chosen inductor (yellow Fasel) and the 33k resistor. Most builds show a "Halo" style inductor with one leg of the 33k to a spot near the emitter. I've seen some photos of early Italian wahs with the Fasel inductor and no 33k resistor to be seen. The supplied instructions show the 33k next to the inductor. What should I do? tempImagez6nMLe.jpg tempImageIH0hG8.jpg

What should I do?
The easiest thing to do would be to use the parts that the board is designed for. If that's not an option, the next logical step is probably to contact the seller. This "instruction" sheet isn't going to be very helpful, did the seller provide you with a schematic? Can you take pictures of the bottom of the board so we can see the routing?

There isn’t a schematic which was fun. I believe this is just a copied layout of an original Vox as some of the boards match some of my unused through holes. I haven’t gotten a reply back from the seller yet, but the instructions say to use your favorite inductor.

I'll attach the reverse side of the board and some random photos of vintage examples. I think if I copy the Red Fasel layout it may follow the layout correctly.

Attachments

• tempImagetaHVxn.png
    tempImagetaHVxn.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
  • 1970s-Jen-Cry-Baby-Wah-1.jpg.webp
    1970s-Jen-Cry-Baby-Wah-1.jpg.webp
    238.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CHASE-TONE-WORLDS-MOST-VINTAGE-ACCURATE-VOX-CLYDE-MCCOY-PICTURE-WAH-REPLICA-NOS-SHELLS-708x10...webp
    CHASE-TONE-WORLDS-MOST-VINTAGE-ACCURATE-VOX-CLYDE-MCCOY-PICTURE-WAH-REPLICA-NOS-SHELLS-708x10...webp
    117.7 KB · Views: 2
  • jran4ijbwkmhmvedww9x.jpg
    jran4ijbwkmhmvedww9x.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2
Back