Infanem Driving Notion & 141 Fuzz's

Cobrah

Always wanted some of their stuff and never jumped on it while they where still in business. I've found veroboard layouts and schematics of of the driving notion, but nothing on the 141 G or T fuzz's. Wishful thinking on the 141 but I'd love at least the Driving Notion PCB to be done!

I just built up a clone of the driving notion with that schematic but haven't tested it yet. I've got an original to compare it to so I'll see if it's a match!

Also I do have a 141g that I could try and do a trace of or at least provide pictures. These are some sweet pedals and would be awesome to make available.

I'm all for doing it, but this concerns me..... "All Cap Values are Estimated or Measured"

I really don't like to work with guesses or calculations if it can be avoided.

I'm all for doing it, but this concerns me..... "All Cap Values are Estimated or Measured"

I really don't like to work with guesses or calculations if it can be avoided.
I'll see how my PCB turns out once I put the pots on and I'll let you know!

I just built up a clone of the driving notion with that schematic but haven't tested it yet. I've got an original to compare it to so I'll see if it's a match!

Also I do have a 141g that I could try and do a trace of or at least provide pictures. These are some sweet pedals and would be awesome to make available.
If you can accomplish both of those you’d make me the happiest man on the earth!

I have both the 141G and Driving Notion on hand here. I also have a couple of the clone PCBs that eatyourguitar had made based on the schematic he traced but haven't had a chance to build one up yet to compare it to the original, but they seem to sort of work.

The driving notion is all SMD, I've never taken a look inside the 141 tbqh.

kAsb0Lu.jpg

(edit - oops, missed the post from @reubenreub above)

Just tested it out and there's definitely a few things off with that schematic. The voicing is definitely off between the high and low sides. The second issue is that there is some really heavy gating going on. I think it's close but needs a fair amount of tweaking still.

@reubenreub - do you have any of the transistors/JFETs reversed? I think there are a few that need to be put in backwards.
Yeah used sockets for everything and flipped the transistors in question. Hardly changed a thing. I think there might be something up with the bias but I don't know enough to say for sure.

Reactions: mdc
Yeah, that's a bummer. SMT is pretty dang difficult and time consuming to trace. Definitely different than the driving notion.

I wouldn't mind tracing that. The Infanem stuff is getting scarce. Be nice to start cataloging them for posterity.

Back