Issues with Dark rift delay

seers

Hey dudes,

Ive got a dark rift delay which ive built up and it doesnt sound as it should. Noisy repeats, more so than a normal pt2399 low fi sound. It sounds almost like a fuzz.

Ive been reading through here, and ive tried as far as i can see everything short of completely rebuilding the thing.

I have;

cleaned the pcb of flux
reflowed all joints
checked for bad/dry joints
replaced all ics apart from the lm324 with several different ones
tried the led mod with the 7th and 3rd leg of the 2399
replaced the lm833 with a tl702
checked/reversed d2 as per a note i found in the forum

I have checked all my pots, the mix pot gives a weird reading of 50k at 0% and 100% but works as intended when the pedal is powered so no idea whats going on there. I know im using a B1M instead of a C1m for rate but again, it works as intended so dont think that makes any difference. I have also got an oscillation footswitch hooked up bridging pins 2/3 of the repeats pot, although i dont think this should matter. Dust covers on all pots, i have tried it inside/outside the enclosure with no difference and cant see anything touching anything it shouldnt be. As this is my first build im wondering if ive used the completely wrong type of capacitors or something like that. I dont have much experience in electrical stuff so i dont really know what im looking for.

Hopefully someone can help, its so close to sounding great.

Photos;

Attachments

• IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0799.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
Back