DEMO [J] The Sardine Tin Plus | Univox Super-Fuzz-alike with modz)

This post contains an audio or video demo

jessenator

Yikes I've been away a while. Gotta catch up on my 2023 builds!

This one is the sequel no one wanted! Sardine Tin Plus

While the first Sardine Tin (Super-Fuzz) was basically vanilla with a pot replacing the switch, I scoured the 'verse of mods for it and went to tinkering, including a dual calibration setup to allow one to have both the gnarly, octave* tones and a more traditional fuzz sound** depending on how you like to play. The mods required an up-size in enclosure to a 1590N1/125B from my originally intended 1590B build. I did do some boards which will fit a 1590B, but it's not comfy.

aitPCm7.jpg

z6uNsEw.jpg

lO4pIq1.jpg

8ts3uV8.jpg

This demo is LONG-winded, not edited, and I say lots of stupid stuff. So, on-brand for me, I guess :p Also, I did this in PLA before a nice enclosure was ready (kind of also my MO), but I used the same NPN set.

Reading through a number of docs out there, it seems that some prefer the "factory" setting of having the octave effect in full force. *To me, it sounds and behaves a bit closer to a ring modulator (which it might be, but IDK, I'm learning as I go) in that anything beyond a perfect fifth power chord starts to sound like something's broken, which could have its uses. Other guides say you should adjust the 10k trimmer to **be as "noisy" as you can, indicating that it's a more useful fuzz tone. I said:
1700329049330.png

I'm not pretending it's anything groundbreaking, but I like having the option.

The guts are a bit of a dip in quality from the Madbean Fraudhacker I did, but they were parts I needed to use. The wonky rotation of the input jack was intentional since there was a large "IN" etched into it with a soldering iron -___- oh boy.

Also, someone needs to make a Fuzzrong now.

Thanks for looking.

Back