JAM on vero: EFE XB-70

Fuzzonaut

I don't like vero, but I love muffs, so here we go, just another muff, the Emanating Fist Electronics XB-70, with tone/mids switch.
Q1-4 are BC549C, all around 490-500 hFe. Then some Nichicon caps and a Gorva footswitch, to fancy things up a bit.
Cable managment is prett meh, I know, but at least, it worked right away, so I just closed it up.

The sound is great. It's a muff, sure, but it's pretty focused and with the switch, you can fine tune things to actually be present and muffy. Put Sustain on zero and you have a slightly dirty boost.
Recommended as a nice addition to your muff stash, eh.

xb-70.jpeg

xb-70-g.jpeg

Nice! I built one of those along with the EFE Dope Priest. Both very distinctive and cool muff variants.
Oh yeah, I've got an OG Dope Priest, the bass heavy #7 Sovtek style version, looooove that thing, it has been bolted to my pedal board since I got it in ...
lemmy see
.... Damn, that was almost 9 years ago, for a whopping £111, through ebay.

I don't like vero, but I love muffs, so here we go, just another muff, the Emanating Fist Electronics XB-70, with tone/mids switch.
Q1-4 are BC549C, all around 490-500 hFe. Then some Nichicon caps and a Gorva footswitch, to fancy things up a bit.
Cable managment is prett meh, I know, but at least, it worked right away, so I just closed it up.

The sound is great. It's a muff, sure, but it's pretty focused and with the switch, you can fine tune things to actually be present and muffy. Put Sustain on zero and you have a slightly dirty boost.
Recommended as a nice addition to your muff stash, eh.

View attachment 60768

View attachment 60769
Hell ya! That’s pretty clean for a Vero layout. Nice work!

Woah! I’ve never heard of that technique. What type of self adhesive foil? What kind of printer?
I use this paper, and prefer the transparent type on plain enclosures. I also spray 2 coats of some sort of fancy varnish meant for oil paintings on there.
IMG_0388.jpeg

And for the printer: I can use the printer of a friend, don't know what kind or type, but it's big, has a cartridge for every color and prints very slowly ... :LOL: Probably a "good one", as she works in graphics/photography/... . I could ask her what model.

Back