Kliché Overdrive issue

Quentin

Hello,

I have built 2 Kliché Overdrives, and both have the same issue. I have looked at schematics and looked back over the components on the board but cannot find my issue. The pedal works and my led comes on but and my bypass clean works as well but, when the volume or gain is turned up too much, I get a very loud squeal. Both pedals act the same way in or out of its enclosure. Any ideas would help.
Thanks.

Hello,

I have built 2 Kliché Overdrives, and both have the same issue. I have looked at schematics and looked back over the components on the board but cannot find my issue. The pedal works and my led comes on but and my bypass clean works as well but, when the volume or gain is turned up too much, I get a very loud squeal. Both pedals act the same way in or out of its enclosure. Any ideas would help.
Thanks.
Some people have had these issues with the TC1044S IC. If you have a 7660S to hand that can be good to trouble shoot if it’s that. Are there any other buffers before or after it?

If that doesn’t help it may be worthwhile posting pictures of your component side of the board and the solder side for others to have a look at it.

Some people have had these issues with the TC1044S IC. If you have a 7660S to hand that can be good to trouble shoot if it’s that. Are there any other buffers before or after it?

If that doesn’t help it may be worthwhile posting pictures of your component side of the board and the solder side for others to have a look at it.
I'm not using any buffers before or after. I'm just using the pedal plugged into my amp. Ill post some pictures of my board.

I have replaced the TC1044S with an TC7660sCPAZ. Same issue as before no real change.

You have clipped the solder joints quite low which sometimes affect the joint itself. Definitely worth reflowing them to try and get them to look like witches hats. If that doesn’t work check all your component values against the BOM.

Back