Kliche Ge Diodes which ones do you go with?

Actually, from my EXTENSIVE SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENTS...... :p ........I've noticed in my last Klon build that the Ge Diodes don't have as much affect as all the hubbub around them would indicate. I was building a Klon for my brother and I had the bright idea of putting some different diodes options on a toggle switch for him. I tried a bunch of different silicon and Ge diodes and differences were so negligible that it was hardly worth doing. I think the whole magic Ge diodes things in Klon's are just more of the Centaur mythology BS. I actually have Bat 41's in my own Klon.
Time for a clon with really asymmetrical schottky clipping 😂

The diodes mostly affect the sound at the highest gain setting. I’m not surprised you don’t hear much of a difference anyways, but try cranking up the gain!

The diodes mostly affect the sound at the highest gain setting. I’m not surprised you don’t hear much of a difference anyways, but try cranking up the gain!
Oh I can hear it, it's just that I don't find the diodes to have the biggest impact of the "Klon Experience" hahah. My Klon is probably not very "Klon-like" in that its more compressed, clippy, sounding. I had this idea of building a full size Kliche with one of those rotary clipping selector boards from GuitarPCB with different clipping options. But after my experimentation with the toggle board with just a couple of different diodes, it kind of got relegated to the "meh" idea bin. Other more interesting things to build. I just got the Aphrodite board, which is supposed to be a "better" Klon? Be interesting to see how that one turns out.

Back