Kliche mods...

I don’t know from the picture which row is which (maybe I could tell if I look real close). I’d suggest follows the connection traces from the pot pins to surrounding components, and match it up the the schematic.

You can do this visually just by looking at the pcb traces, or use a multimeter with the “beep” setting.

When I use my DMM on "beep" mode, I get continuity between a pad on C15 with one of pads on the lower row of the Gain pads, and not any others. Also, I get continuity with a pad on C14 with one of pads on the upper row of the Gain pads, and not any others.. So that seems to me that A is the lower row and B is the upper row, correct? If so, the lower row is Clean and would be the one to be reverse wired.

Attachments

• Gain pot schematic sectrion.png
    Gain pot schematic sectrion.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 4
Quick off topic question. I had to order another B100k pot to do the Gain/Clean split mentioned above so I am waiting a few days for that. But I have done everything but these pots being added. So I have a nearly completed build. I decide to plug it in and see if at least the Tube Screamer side works but there is no sound. Is that normal since there is no pot in the Klon side Gain pads?

EDIT: Never mind, I remembered I had a solder lug dual B100k so I put that in. There's still no sound so I guess I'm off the the Troubleshooting area.

Last edited:
So the Kentauride I mentioned earlier is done (THANK YOU for those involved in that Troubleshooting thread) and it currently has a dual gang pot in the Gain pads. How does this look for the Clean reverse wired pot? I have a wire on the front soldered to lug 3 crossing over to where lug 1 is, and the opposite on back.

Attachments

• IMG_6950.jpg
    IMG_6950.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6951.jpg
    IMG_6951.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 12
Back