SOLVED Kliche No Sound

Mike52

This is aimed at the PedalPCB administrator. Finished a Kliche and, of course, it doesn't work. I get no sound in bypass and an open channel sound (the hum you get from a hot 1/4 jack when you touch it) when engaged and the LED works as it should. So the troubleshooting phase starts now, I guess. Can you send me trace diagrams for the circuit so I can begin testing continuity for all the parts? I believe traces are on both of the sides and I'd like to trace the signal as efficiently as I can while I dissect where I went wrong.

Thanks

Last edited:
Those particular isolated jacks break a connection one one side when you plug the jack in (switched jack?), having never used them before I didn't notice that. It turns out I soldered the output to the wrong side and it was shorting to ground when I plugged in. If I hadn't have removed it from the chassis I wouldn't have seen the blades lift up when I inserted the 1/4 jack. Dumb.

But I did run a ground off of one of the jacks and grounded it to the chassis (stripped a long length of it and just wrapped it around the insulated jack and the chassis and tightened it) and that made it very quiet. Pedal works!
Thanks everyone for the help.

Last edited:
Well, yeah, but its maybe a bit more confusing that way. I like to check continuity from the backside of the board (and that tells only part of the story) and I don't want to be flipping the board all the time trying to determine which component I'm actually testing at the moment. (That would actually be a cool feature if the backside of the board included the component identifier, but oh well.) Basically I'd really like to minimize my handling of the PCB while I'm troubleshooting since that too can lead to problems.

Thanks for the link. I had not seen that one.

Yes, I do have an audio probe.
This is old I know. But just thought I’d add components on the backside would be awesome! I guess there would be a little extra cost for the silkscreening though. I can’t test some of my components because they are covering the pad or any contact.

Back