Klon, Precision Drive, Mini, Ionostrofear, and Megalith

Zanshin

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
IMG_5197.jpeg
IMG_5198.jpeg

My 5 latest completed builds.

PPCB Klon. This my first Klon, I need to spend more time with it but initial impressions are that it somewhat lives up to its reputation. I felt a little dirty building a non true bypass pedal but the buffer is good and if it makes its way onto my board I’d feel good about it just after the FF etc.

PPCB Precision Drive. I really don’t care for tube screamers (but I keep trying), and my first impressions of this pedal were meh. I brought it back out to compare with the Klon and I think I really dig it with the drive completely off. The tone shaping is really powerful and it made my neck humbucker sound as good as I’ve heard it sound (clean or into a dirty amp).

Effects Layouts Mini. This my second EL Mini. The first with SMD J201s. What a great board, and of course a great sounding circuit. The first one I made ended up with a friend.

PPCB Ionostrofear. It’s good. But there’s a lot of great fuzzes out there haha. Maybe it’ll win me over in the long game.

Effects Layouts Megalith. I finished this one tonight. So far I don’t love it on guitar, but maybe it’ll shine on bass. Lots of different sounds but nothing that knocked me out.

Back