Lamb Chop (First Build)

Anthonyj

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
First build has finally been completed. Decided on the lamb chop since I wanted to use the pork loin on my bass again, but the internal pots bothered always bothered me since I liked to be able to change them without having to open the pedal.

While building the pedal I did what is called the JohnK Mod by replacing the Cap in slot C26 from 1nF to 470pF which is the LPF cap that attenuates the top end in the summing amp and makes the pedal less muddy. Also, after hearing it could be run 18V I tried and like it even more. I knew the Caps could handle it and after a few days of running at 18V I added the charge pump pcb (which is why its just stuffed in the lower corner).

I need to learn to do some better graphics but for now I used my wife's cricut machine to make some basic labels.

I found building the pcbs oddly meditating so I have a few more lined up to go.
I'm hoping the mini drive comes back in stock soon so I can build a 1 channel bass drive.

Attachments

• 20231211_231721_resized_1.jpg
    20231211_231721_resized_1.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231211_231917_resized_1.jpg
    20231211_231917_resized_1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 43
Very nice first outing! Ballsy picking an 1/8w resistor build for a first go and adding mods to boot. Even being able to identify the correct cap to mod suggests you can read schematics, not that there is minimum threshold to meet to gain access, but yeah, welcome to the forum you’re gonna like it here.

Back