Latitudes Multi-Verb (Spatialist W/ Clock Mod)

Glitchlab

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
This build was kind of a pain to get right. First off my drill guide kept moving so my holes weren’t perfect. Next I accidentally soldered the rotary switch to the wrong side of the board and didn’t realize it. So I had to desolder the switch and in the process burned out 5 of the poles, which I found out after I had soldered everything in place and tested it. So I ordered a new rotary switch and after I got that installed it finally worked right. After spending a bit of time playing with it I can say that it’s a pretty good reverb. The clock mod definitely enhances the first three verbs nicely into ambient territory. Luckily it doesn’t screw with the tuning on the pitch verb and the shimmer verb. Just seems to make them sound more lofi. I have an EHX Oceans 12 to compare it to and I think it holds its own except for the pitch verb. There’s a certain raw character to the octaves in the spatialist eprom where on the Oceans 12 it’s much smoother. Plus you can tune the pitches on the 12 where on the spatialist it’s just the octaves. Other than that it’s pretty cool. Besides the issues I had building the board was straight forward and pretty easy. I had the FV-1 pre-soldered so I didn’t have to mess with that. I did a Deflector Reverb build where I soldered the FV-1 and it turned out okay but decided I didn’t want to deal with that on top of all the other stuff I had planned for this build.

Attachments

• IMG_4334.jpeg
    IMG_4334.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4333.jpeg
    IMG_4333.jpeg
    583.9 KB · Views: 7
Back