DEMO LectrixFX O-Zoan (BearfootFX Baby Blue) Demo Added

This post contains an audio or video demo

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Another Bjorn Juhl circuit, this time the O-Zoan from 'LectricFX.

This is based on the BJFE Baby Blue Overdrive which is a FET based OD.

This is the only DIY PCB I've ever seen of this circuit, so I had to add it to my BJFE collection!

Very cool OD, and again very much a Bjorn Juhl sounding circuit. It's actually very close sounding to my ears to the Sky Blue Overdrive but very different circuit topologies.

I'll try to get a demo of this one together and add it here as well.

IMG_5366.JPG

IMG_5365.JPG

Very clean build! How do you align everything so well? Even with tape and blue tack, my trimpots and caps are never perfectly straight. Do you solder one leg, straighten and then solder the second leg?

Also very pretty colors. What blue shade is that?

Very clean build! How do you align everything so well? Even with tape and blue tack, my trimpots and caps are never perfectly straight. Do you solder one leg, straighten and then solder the second leg?

Also very pretty colors. What blue shade is that?
Exactly, I do all my caps this way as well. Solder one leg, flip it over reheat the pad (gently) and seat the component correctly and make any adjustments before soldering the other leg(s).

I use that method for switches and pots too. My first builds with toggle switches had some tilt to them which was awful when it came time to box everything up.

Another beautiful build! I'm all for keeping things straight too. The electrons just flow better in a straight line. Everybody knows that.

Do you like it? I normally prefer pedals which keep the lows clearer but there is something I like abut the Baby Blue, especially with a Les Paul. Your SG would probably sound great through this pedal.

Another beautiful build! I'm all for keeping things straight too. The electrons just flow better in a straight line. Everybody knows that.

Do you like it? I normally prefer pedals which keep the lows clearer but there is something I like abut the Baby Blue, especially with a Les Paul. Your SG would probably sound great through this pedal.
It's interesting, but sounds like other of BJFE pedals. I think I like the Skylight Drive (Sky Blue? Blue Sky? can't remember) a wee bit better.

Back