SOLVED LED Dimly Lit In Bypass

Ginsly

Are there any “most likely” reasons for this? I just put together a PPCB-style fuzz board (Fig Buster - thx @KR Sound!) and I’m having this problem. I did add a battery snap, and that’s how it’s powered. I also used a PPCB footswitch pcb.

Pedal seems to work normally other than the LED staying VERY dimly lit when in bypass. I repurposed an old enclosure and used off-board pots because of that. Also added some screw terminals, which I think over complicates things 🤦‍♂️. No solder bridges that I can see…

I’m away but will add pics later- apologies. Just wanted to see if there were certain things to look at when this happens. Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Haha yep, I see now.

This is similar to what I was suspecting, except your LED was "grounding" to the INPUT rather than the OUTPUT. (In the latter case the volume control would control the LED brightness)
Ah! I see, that's actually really good to know for the future, too. Much appreciated as always, @Robert !

I'll mark this "solved" after @jwin615 helps me clear up my tangentially related issue about using these oddball 3pdt pcbs with your boards. It looks like my diagram isn't quite right, but I'm getting close!

Last edited:
Back