Lemon Rockerverb- no sound when engaged

megatrav

I've been working on this build from guitar pcb mania.
I have bypassed sound. No sound when engaged but I do have an LED.
I took some shots of the board and I can't spot any bad connections so I think I might have the switch Ground and Control backwards. The PCB only says CNTRL.
I haven't tried swapping them yet but I wanted to post here to see if anyone might catch something else I may have done wrong.
D8E1A375-3995-4E14-B3DE-0B7D22196D96.jpeg 1356B69E-4BEF-4727-9D34-25382E24CF51.jpeg CF32E9F3-AD5D-4D76-9638-E0652C9C6873.jpeg 7C420E8D-B9B7-4F23-987C-2DAC7BFF7725.jpeg
Thanks!

no... you are bypasing the signal path through the switch. There's no engage or bypass for the audio now, it's on all the time. Switch only turns the led on. At least in theory....
I'd desolder all the wires except in/out/supply to eliminate miswiring of the switch/led. Try not to lift the pads.

Sorry, I was testing with the in and out jacks wired direct to the board.
However, with it wired this way, using an audio probe, I get signal up until C4. No signal coming through there

Test Ground wire & IN wire on Footswitch for Continuity.
Should be in Bypass, Not in ON mode !!!
Test Ground Pad on PCB & Left C1 Pad for Continuity.

UPDATE : I hope you don't have a Dud or Momentary Footswitch!!!!!:LOL:
I can't imagine I do have a momentary switch since the LED stays lit

I should also mention that I am getting audio through the gate of Q1 but not the source or drain. Is that normal?
No...
Yo have to inspect every solder joint on a pcb (both sides), make sure that transistors are seated firmly in the sockets. Also check the adapter boards for shorts.

No...
Yo have to inspect every solder joint on a pcb (both sides), make sure that transistors are seated firmly in the sockets. Also check the adapter boards for shorts.
I didn't take any pictures, but the solder joints look shiny to me. No bridges or anything either. I also have continuity between the pads on the adapter board to the pads on the top and bottom of the main pcb

I didn't take any pictures, but the solder joints look shiny to me. No bridges or anything either. I also have continuity between the pads on the adapter board to the pads on the top and bottom of the main pcb
Do you have the Adapter Boards in sockets or Soldered directly to main board?

To verify this you can check continuity between transistor legs and components connected directly to transistor.
Connect one probe to transistor leg (adapter board seated in the socket), scond probe to the component leg connected to the transistor. Continuity between legs of the components, not between solder pads.

Back